Sunday, September 1, 2013

Final race day

The final day of the race was rainy again in the morning. Thankfully the lunch break came right before we were to start endurance. It stopped raining during lunch and the track was dry when it was our time. Both JT and Jeff had great races. They race electric and combustion against each other which, in my opinion, is unfortunate as there are some very fast electric cars. I think we finished 11th in endurance. I am not sure they know where they finished overall. It was a great learning experience for the team and they received valuable feedback from some of the judges. I believe everyone was happy with the race. Obviously, it would have been better if they had finished in the top 3 but overall an awesome experience.

They are packing the crate now and I am working on my quest for washing some of the very smelly clothes that several of us have. I attempted to do it in Spielburg but only found a dry cleaner. The 'hotel' /dorm we are in has a washer but no dryer. I have finally found a 'waschsalon' and figured out the complicated feat of working the machines. As I sit here writing this I've helped 2 other people with figuring out the machine process that have come in to do their laundry...I don't feel as inept now as I did initially. I am sure if there were cameras with voice it would have been entertaining to hear me talk to myself and the machines!

Once the crate is packed and on it's way back to the US we will all head to Prague for the weekend! I am sure it will be a great time had by all now that the stress of the race and shipping the car back will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment